Thursday, December 29, 2011

Counterintuitive

I've been working on cleaning and reorganizing the house lately.  I'm hoping to establish (and more importantly, maintain) a better system for mail, laundry, dishes, etc.  I think I'm just grasping at straws, trying to feel like I can control something in my otherwise roller-coaster-of-a-life.

My house is currently a disaster.  The other night my dog was growling at the back door at about 11:30 P.M.  Even though I have NEVER heard her growl before, I wasn't worried.  I knew that anyone wanting to come into the house would be prohibited by the impromptu booby traps.  There's no way they could make it through this gauntlet!  This process has got me thinking that life can be very counterintuitive.  

To organize, we must make a mess.
To learn, we must experience disequilibrium.
To gain peace, we must let go.
To show love, we must enforce boundaries.
Courage comes from facing fear.
Healing comes from exposing wounds.
Faith is developed by experiencing the unknown.
Strength is developed by embracing brokenness.

No comments:

Post a Comment