Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My first date

So, today was my first date - at the county jail.  Not very romantic.  I don't recommend it, gentlemen.  But I didn't have to pay or put out, so I guess that's a plus.

I thought it would be one of those window things like you see on tv.  No, it was like Skype meets pay phone.  I guess he's in another building, so it minimizes inmate transfer.  Makes sense.  Sucks.  But makes sense.  Safety and efficiency really are their priorities, as they should be.

The visit was good.  We didn't really discuss anything serious.  While I'm kind of glad that their giving him Seroquel for insomnia, I really don't like that they're also giving him Tramadol.  I am so sick of hearing "it's non-narcotic."  Good grief, crack's non-narcotic, too!  It doesn't make it good for you.

I know they can regulate the dispensing of the meds, so that's good.  But I really think he needs to learn to live without any substances.  It's like he doesn't believe it's possible.  If he runs out of one thing, he just gets some other script.  If he can't get that, he drinks until he passes out.  I'm not going to worry about it, though.  If God sees fit for him to go without, he'll make it happen.

I go back next week.  I just know I'm going to end up seeing one of my students there eventually.  Awkward.  Maybe it'll give me some "street cred," though.  Yeah, probably not.  (Almost) Thirty year old white women probably shouldn't even say things like "street cred."  I think the quotation marks I used also negate any chance of getting said cred.

Yeah, I'm weird.  I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment